MENU

Smokin'! City council meeting interrupted by fiery explosion in purse

BC Meeting.jpg
A phone that erupts in flames inside a woman’s purse interrupts the City Council meeting Tuesday, Aug. 8, 2017, in Boulder City. (Photo courtesy of City of Boulder City)

The City Council meeting in Boulder City on Tuesday night took an unscheduled break when flames and smoke came out of a woman’s purse.

Boulder City Fire Chief Kevin Nicholson — who was in attendance — rushed to the woman’s aid, according to the city’s Facebook page.

“There was a battery malfunction in her purse that ignited her purse,” said Nicholson.

The chambers were cleared. Paramedics treated the woman for minor burns.

“That was exciting!” Mayor Rod Woodbury said as the meeting restarted. “We’re never going to forget that one.”

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER